The workshop would cover detailed elaboration of our fundamental stocks analysis approach: “Peaceful Investing”, using live examples of companies to illustrate different investing concepts and parameters. The day would have detailed discussions on all the aspects of a stock investor’s journey like:
- How to shortlist stocks for analysis out of more than 5,000 listed stocks
- How to conduct detailed analysis of stocks across key parameters like financial, business, valuation and management assessment to find fundamentally sound stocks
- How to read key financial statements like profit & loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements and notes in the annual report
- Once a fundamentally strong stock is found, then how to decide what is an appropriate price to pay for it
- Once an investor has bought a stock in her portfolio, then what steps to follow and which resources to use to properly monitor the stock to avoid negative surprises
- How many stocks to own in the portfolio and how much money to allocate to a stock in the portfolio
- How to decide about taking a sell decision about a stock
The workshop would cover a detailed analysis of various sources of information available to investors like annual reports, quarterly results, credit rating reports, online financial resources like Screener.
Our stock analysis & selection approach has evolved over our stocks investing journey of more than 10 years while we had a full-time job at hand. We have faced all the major challenges being faced by retail/part-time investors. Therefore, “Peaceful Investing” approach focuses on addressing those hurdles acknowledging the primary challenge being scarcity of the time available with the investors.
“Peaceful Investing” workshop would make investors confident about stock decisions to ensure that our faith would not shake with day to day market price fluctuations and we would be able to reap true benefits of stock markets to fulfill our dream of financial independence.
The workshop would help an investor learn in-depth analysis of stocks that would help her make her own opinion about the strengths & weaknesses of any stock. The participants would be able to use the stock analysis with their preferred stock selection approach like value investing or growth investing.
The workshop would cover basics of investing and simultaneously focus on key concepts needed for stock analysis both for a beginner and seasoned stock investor. We believe that a person does not need to have an educational background in finance to be a good stock investor and the workshop has been designed keeping this in mind.
You may read about the feedback/experience of participants of:
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Bengaluru on Feb 25, 2018: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Hyderabad on Dec 10, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Mumbai on Nov 26, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Dubai on Oct 6, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Chennai on Sept 10, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Delhi on August 27, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Bengaluru on July 23, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Ahmedabad on June 11, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Kolkata on April 9, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Pune on February 12, 2017: Click here
To understand the teaching methodology, you can watch FREE Sample Video (16 min) of the workshop where we have discussed the basics of balance sheet along with fund flow analysis here:
The agenda of the workshop:
- In depth fundamental stock analysis focusing on management, financial, business, valuation analysis and operating efficiency assessment of companies with examples of real companies using publically available information.
- Analysing & interpreting annual reports with balance sheet, cash flow statement, profit & loss account and other important sections of the annual report.
- Analysis of quarterly result updates, credit rating reports
- Deciding about the buying price of a company with assessment of margin of safety in the investment
- Deciding about selling a company from the portfolio
- Creating a portfolio of stocks with discussion on ideal number of stocks, position sizing of each stock, adding new stocks and selling existing stocks
- Using online available tools like Screener for stock selection, analysis and shortlisting stocks for detailed analysis
- I would share my experience of investing in different stocks with success and failure stories along with investing mistakes.
- Key guidelines for part-time investors who have a day-time job
Advised reading material would be emailed to the participants.
Please note that we do not recommend technical analysis for stock selection and therefore, technical analysis would not be covered in the workshop.
The workshop has limited seats. The registrations will be accepted on first come first serve basis.
Charges: Per participant [includes lunch (Veg/Non-veg/Jain food) and two tea breaks]. The Jain food would be veg preparations without onion and garlic.
- Registration up to April 20, 2018: ₹9,000/- (incl. GST)
- From April 21, 2018 up to May 20, 2018: ₹9,500/- (incl. GST)
- From May 21, 2018 up to June 20, 2018: ₹10,000/- (incl. GST)
- From June 21, 2018 up to July 28, 2018: ₹10,500/- (incl. GST)
- 8:15AM to 8:30AM: Registrations
- 8:30AM to 11:00AM: Introduction. In depth fundamental stock analysis focusing on management, financial, business, valuation analysis etc. with examples of real companies
- 11:00AM to 11:15AM: Tea break
- 11:15AM to 1:00PM: Analysis continued, interpreting annual report, quarterly results, credit rating and other company reports
- 1:00PM to 1:30PM: Lunch (Veg/Non-veg/Jain food)
- 1:30PM to 3:45PM: Buying and selling decisions. Assessment of margin of safety in the investment. Discussion on portfolio creation. Using online available tools like Screener.
- 3:45PM to 4:00PM: Tea break
- 4:00PM to 6:00PM: Q&A. Sharing personal investing experiences with success and failure stories. Guidelines for part-time investors who have a day-time job.
Drinking water, writing pad and pencil would be provided.
The registration once done, is not cancellable. However, the ticket is transferable. If due to any circumstances, you are not able to attend the workshop, then you may transfer your ticket to someone else who may attend the workshop. In case of a transfer of the ticket, kindly inform in advance by email at email@example.com